Step 2: Your Personal Assessment
Once you have completed at least one of the self-examinations, print off a copy
of the following questions. The amount of detail, effort, and honesty you put
forward in answering them will be reflected later when determining a career
- What are your likes and dislikes?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What can you see yourself doing?
- What types of environments do you prefer to work in?
- In which geographic locations do you wish to live and work?
- Personality Type
- What traits do you possess?
- How would you describe yourself?
- What are your moods, ideas, and views?
- Personal Strengths
- What are your abilities and strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What skills have you developed?
- What knowledge have you acquired?
What achievements are you most proud
- What do these accomplishments reveal
- What are your strongest values?
- What will lead to personal job
satisfaction for you?
- What factors in your previous
work/volunteer experiences did you like the most? the least?
- Future Outlook
- How do you see yourself in 5 years? in
10 years? in 20 years?
- From where you are right now, are
these future outlooks realistic?